XENIA – The Scouts end yesterday’s double header with a 3-2 victory over the Richmond Jazz in 8 innings.
– Jack Raines pitched seven scoreless innings, holding the Jazz to just two runs on seven hits.
– Back-to-back doubles by Francisco Ondina and Ben Beachy gave the Scouts their first run of the game. Aaron Takacs then brought home Beachy with a RBI groundout to second-base.
– The Jazz responded with two runs of their own. Daniel Sepic drove home a run with a RBI triple, and Andrew Czech brought home Sepic with a RBI single.
– After Ryan Park and Chris Ackerman walked, a throwing error by the pitcher Jordan Clark on a groundball off the bat of Kyle Casserly scored Ryan Park.
– Because of the double header, the game was only scheduled for seven innings meaning Ryan Park’s run was the game-winner. The Scouts won 3-2.
– The Scouts are now 5-2 in their last seven games after starting the season 2-6.
– Ryan Park is now 5th in the GLSCL in OB% (.517)
– Jack Raines picked up his first win of the year on the mound.
– Chris Ackerman is now tied for 5th in the GLSCL in walks with 14.
The Scouts and Jazz play a rubber match on Wednesday night at Grady’s Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05.