XENIA – The Scouts ended yesterday’s double-header with the Cincinnati Steam on a positive note with a 5-4 victory.
– The Scouts scored four runs on four hits in the bottom of the fifth inning to take a 5-3 lead.
– The Steam opened up the scoring with an RBI single by Roger Danison which scored Matt Warkentin.
– Cincinnati added two more runs on an RBI groundout by Dallas Beaver and a sacrifice fly from Alex Holderbach after Jace Mercer walked and Aldo Buendia doubled to lead off the inning.
– The Scouts got on the board on an RBI single from Joey Roddy to make it a 3-1 game.
– The Scouts took the lead 5-3 in the 5th with 4 runs on 4 hits, including an RBI single by Jordan Lambert and a 2 RBI single from Joey Roddy.
– Cincinnati got one run back on an RBI single from Matt Warkentin, but that was all they could do against Landon Williams on the mound for the Scouts.
– The Scouts held the Steam scoreless in the top of the 7th to secure a 5-4 win in game number 2 of the double-header.
– The Scouts are now 3-3 against the Cincinnati Steam this season.
– The win brought Xenia within 2.5 games of the Steam for first place in the Southern division.
– Joey Roddy collected 3 RBI after only having 5 the whole season.
– Caleb Fernholz pitched his last game in a Scouts uniform. With the win, he ends his summer 3-0.
The Scouts take on the Lima Locos at Grady’s Field on Saturday night, July 15th. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05.