XENIA, OH – The Scouts walked it off at Grady’s Field on Sunday, defeating the Lima Locos 4-3 and improve their record to 15-15.
– The Scouts entered the 9th inning trailing 3-0, and scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th to capture a victory. The rally was capped off by a RBI double off the bat of Jordan Lambert to win the game.
– The Locos scored first on a sac bunt by Jonathan Meuse to score Terrance Norman.
– Lima added a second run on an RBI single from Will Kilgore to score Ethan Hurt.
– The Locos weren’t done yet, as they added one more on an RBI single by Jonathan Meuse which extended their lead to 3-0.
– After leaving 9 runners on base in the firs 8 innings, the Scouts finally came through with runners in scoring position. Francisco Ondina delivered a 2 RBI double to get the Scouts on the board. After a single by Ben Beachy, Ryan Park singled home Ondina to tie the game. After Aaron Takacs and Kyle Casserly popped out, Jordan Lambert came through with a two-out, walk-off double to win it for Xenia.
– Ryan Park had three hits for the Scouts, he now has 7 multi-hit games this season.
– The Scouts got their leadoff man aboard in five of the nine innings. – Jordan Lambert came through with the hit that gave the Scouts their second walk-off win of the year.
– The Scouts are now two games back of the Richmond Jazz for the final playoff spot in the Southern Division.
The Scouts take on the Southern Ohio Copperheads on Thursday July 20th following the All-Star break. Xenia and Southern Ohio will play two games starting at 5:05 at Grady’s Field.